BRIDGEWELL – QUALITY ASSURANCE
At Bridgewell, everything we do begins and ends with quality assurance and food safety. Our highest priority is that all products that carry the Bridgewell name and all practices we use stand up to the highest of safety standards. We proudly maintain an SQF certification with a perfect rating as well as some of the most strict sourcing, manufacturing, warehousing, and fulfillment practices out there. We work hard to ensure that working with Bridgewell means working safe every time.
AT BRIDGEWELL QUALITY CONTROL AND FOOD SAFETY COME FIRST
What is QA
Safe Quality Food (SQF)
Value-Added QA Services
What is Quality Assurance (QA)
Bridgewell’s Quality Assurance (QA) Department is our first line of defense committed to food quality control and safety. The QA department plays an essential role, helping to deliver safe and consistent products to users, utilizing a set of actives to ensure quality assurance standards and specifications are met. We have designed our activities around compliance with all regulatory agencies. Food safety is paramount to the entire Bridgewell operation and will always be top priority.
Our Services Include:
- Pervasive assessment of supply chain – both international and domestic
- Rigorous supplier vetting and approval process
- Item and supplier set up, lot control & tracking
- Product Development
- Sampling and QA Testing
- Detailed inspections at all food safety control points
- Working with suppliers to ensure satisfaction
- Management of third-party audits
- Managing USDA Organic and other certifications
- Enforcing Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP)
- FSMA & Prop 65 compliant
- Enforcing Environmental Monitoring Program
- QA Testing Facility for pathogens
- Peanut-free facility program monitoring
- HACCP-based food safety and quality system
- Day-to-day sanitation procedures
- Chemical control
- Personnel training
- Transportation programs
At Bridgewell, it is important to us that our customers know the high standards we hold ourselves, our products, and our facilities to. That’s why we work with globally recognized certifiers to give you the stamps of approval you trust.
Our certifications are broken down into facility-specific certifications like our SQF Certification, product-specific certifications like USDA organic certification, and member organizations like the US Grains Council.
To learn more about our certifications and partners, visit our food certifications page.
SQF Certification: Safe Quality Foods
The SQF Food Safety Management Certification, is a quality assurance certification created and managed by the SQF Institute. The certification is used to control food safety risks through the implementation of a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) program.
According to SQF Institute, The SQF certification program is an intensive, rigorous, and credible food safety and quality program that is recognized by retailers, brand owners, and food service providers worldwide.
SQF Certified Facility
Bridgewell’s 50,000 Sq Ft. warehouse and production facility have been SQF certified since 2020, receiving an excellent rating each year, and scoring a 100% perfect audit in 2021.
Bridgewell’s SQF certification applies to our Clackamas, Oregon facility, but encompasses our full program for all operations in and outside of that facility.
- Supplier Approval – Vetting, Testing, and more
- Product Development
- Food Certification Management
- Monitoring & Handling of Complaints
- Inbound and Outbound Shipment Inspection
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Bridgewell’s Clackamas, Oregon headquarters is equipped with a QA testing lab for basic in-house testing and analysis. This means faster analysis with experts you know and trust, each step of the way.
These Services Include:
- Inspection and Sampling by QA Department
- Moisture Testing
- Gluten Testing
- Brix Testing
- Physical Sensory Evaluation
- Granulation Analysis
When in-house QA testing is not possible, the Bridgewell QA department partners with accredited off-site labs for additional testing services. We work with only the best labs to ensure you get results you can trust, and with our in-house fulfillment services, we can guarantee your items will arrive safely to be tested.
VALUE-ADDED QUALITY ASSURANCE SERVICES
Value-add service for customers/suppliers
- Use our knowledge for your products! Our team is happy to consult on proper product labeling and other food safety and quality assurance measures.
We are partners
- QA services are provided as a service to our partners – don’t have QA department? – we can help.
- Have a food safety program set up, but want to take it to the next level? Let us help get you there.